An ambitious project for a compact 0.72ha site which despite its central, well-connected location, lacked vibrancy and quality. The design, included extending and enhancing an important local street and creating new public spaces, shops and facilities whilst also providing a diverse range of modern living environments.
The scheme includes six blocks ranging from three to four storey buildings to a 20-storey tower and comprises 221 new homes in total.
- client - One Housing
- architects - Stockwool Architects
- contractor - Galliford Try Partnerships
- basement structure which extended along three of the site boundaries
- design of twenty storey concrete frame building
- below ground drainage and external works design