The scheme includes two five-storey blocks of mixed development and the construction of the new plaza linking the existing Watney Street market area to Shadwell station.
Due to the location of the proposed building, extensive discussions were completed with London Underground in relation to the installation of the new foundations. This involved detailed ground movement analysis to review possible movements of the existing East London tube line tunnel during the construction phase of the project. Detailed condition surveys of the tunnel were completed prior and post construction as well as monitoring of the tunnel during the works.
The design included extending and enhancing the local streetscape and creating new public spaces, shops, and facilities whilst also providing a diverse range of modern living environments.
- client - One Housing
- architects - Stockwool Architects
- contractor - Galliford Try Partnerships
- complex ground condition due the location of the east London tube line
- Concrete frame with flat slabs
- Below ground drainage and civils design